Thursday 13 October 2011

Week 5: Feedback and Detailed Pre-production Started

I have started my detailed pre-production documentation. I have created a Production Schedule with the tasks which I am undertaking in this assignment with completion dates. I have noted the different tasks which I need to complete including: detailed storyboard, analysing 3 existing 2D Animations, creating 2D animation and responding to audience feedback. Within the production schedule I have also stated that I am on holiday from the 7th November- 18th November. I have put this into the production schedule so I am aware of the time which I have to complete the production stage. This did concern be a bit as I am away when I am in the production process (creating the animation). I have scheduled the production stage to begin next week (20th October); therefore I will complete the detailed pre-production and research into the final product by this time. I believe I will be able to meet the deadline of 5th December by following production schedule closely. Although, as slight concern of mine is that I am away for 2 weeks and this could affect the production process.  


Production Schedule



 I have also had feedback on my 2D Animation History report. Some of the improvements included: referencing within text, formatting of the report & be more critical of myself and resources. I will respond to this feedback by the deadline of 5th December. This will improve my grade for the report; the improvements which I had to make were elements which I was unsure about. The referencing within the text was one of these elements. I was unsure of how to reference within the text; therefore I have now been reassured of how to do this correctly.

I have also started my research into final product and 2D animation. I am analysing 3 different 2D animations which have been created to inform 14-16 year olds. I will look at the techniques used to appeal to the audience; this will help me to understand techniques I could use. These techniques include: pace, colour, images, characters, sound, narration and typography. I have found it quite difficult to find an animation which is similar to my final idea. This is because I am intending to create a vintage, old fashioned style animation documenting the history of animation. Therefore I have found existing animations which would appeal to my target audience of 14-16 year olds. I have also found the different elements which would be included within my animation, including the vintage inspired animation element within other videos on YouTube. I will continue with this research to analyse the techniques used within these animations for the target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment