Thursday 9 February 2012

Week 21: Analysing Three Existing Design Websites

The aim for this week was to continue with my production schedule and my first task was to complete my focused research. This relates to the analysis of three existing design and creative led websites. These will allow me to understand what elements are included within these websites which could influence features within my own website.

Carrying out this task this week included taking notes about various factors within the website. These included: navigation, content, graphics, dynamics & interaction, typography and appropriateness for the audience. I analysed websites which could influence my own website design. I analysed Level 2 Design, Vivid Brighton and Mr Brainwash websites. All of these included different contents in relation to the factors I am analysing. By carrying out this task I felt confident about the elements I am analysing and how I could use these within my own website. Within my report I have written about the different factors for these websites
and the different techniques which I would include within my website.

This week I have completed the analyses, researching and writing the report for my focused research. I now have an understanding of the different elements which are included within these graphic design websites and how I can incorporate these into my own website. I did initially aim to finish this analysis by the beginning of the week, although I underestimated the time in which it would take me to take notes from these websites. Therefore I have now finished this analysis and I am able to start my ideas for my website in terms of the layout such as sitemaps, wireframes and sketches.

No comments:

Post a Comment