Thursday 16 February 2012

Week 22: Pre-Production Documents Continued

Throughout this week I have been continuing with my pre-production documentation. By the end of this week I aimed to have completed the proposal and my sketches/ wireframes and sitemaps. These documents will include all of my research and planning for my website and its design. The proposal will highlight the idea for my portfolio website and the sketches and wireframes represent the graphics and layout of my website design.
By carrying out this task this week I am confident with the knowledge gained within my focused research (analysis of 3 websites) I have been able to create the proposal. This proposal included the research I have carried out such as legal and ethical considerations, budget and colour palette and font. I carried out the additional research in order for to write a proposal based upon the production of a website. I felt confident when carrying out this research as I understood the research required and how I will apply this to the production of designing my own website portfolio. In terms of the wireframes, sitemaps and sketches for my website, I have used guidance documents to help me complete these. I have been able to use a document showing me how to create sitemaps and wireframes. These are essential planning documents for website design. They show all of the layout and content included within each webpage on the website. The sitemap also shows how the pages are linked together, helping me create the website when I link the pages within Dreamweaver. I have also created a research dossier showing the my understanding of the research which I have gained throughout the researching elements for my proposal. This clearly shows how I have used the research and knowledge gained for my website design.
On reflection, this week I have completed the aims set. I have completed my proposal and the sketches, sitemaps and wireframes for my portfolio website. I feel confident that the work I have completed reflects my idea for the website and includes all the required elements for the client to understand my idea for my portfolio website. The skills learnt this week are also skills which I can use within future productions. I will be required to create proposals and sketches etc for future projects. Therefore I will be able to use the research, writing and sketching skills from this project within my future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment