Tuesday 22 November 2011

Week 10: Progress of 2D Animation

I have been continuing with my 2D Animation in Flash. I am aiming to finish the animation by the end of this week, this then allows me to have 2 weeks to gain feedback and write my evaluation for this assignment. Through this week I have made some changes to my animation which will make it more appealing to the target audience. Some of these changes include:
  • Animating Continuous Film Strips: I have decided to animate and create a continuous movement of the film strips at the side of the screen moving upwards. This gives the effect of a film playing throughout the animation. As I have now included this animation I have had to change the original timeline effect which I was using. I was using the timeline effect of Wipe transition to show the animation continuously moving from one part of information to another. I have taken out this transition as the continuous movement of the film strips gives the sense of the animation progressing.
  • Animation of the Title: I have animated the initial title which appears within the first few seconds of my animation. I have animated this to give the effect that it is being hand written. I understand that I need to change the frame rate on this as it is quite slow, I am aware of this and will change it within my final animation. I animated the title by writing the text and breaking it apart and erasing part of each letter and adding a key frame whilst repeating this process. I understand that there is an easier and less time consuming way of creating this effect, which is by creating a shape tween.
  • I have added the animated devices to my animation, this has been stated in my storyboard. I decided to include these to keep the audience interested within the animation. I have created the Thaumatrope and the Zoetrope which shows the audience how the devices work, whilst the narration is playing.
I have stated the changes I have made to my animation and justified the reasons for this. I can include these within my evaluation to show how my idea had developed within the production stage of this assignment. I therefore believe that the changes I have made will appeal to the audience and they will be interested in watching the animation because of the changes I have made.
I will continue to complete my animation and I will reflect in my blog the techniques which I have learnt through this project in terms of Adobe Flash. I can then gain feedback from the target audience and start my evaluation.

No comments:

Post a Comment