Sunday 20 November 2011

Week 9: Progress of Animation in Adobe Flash

I have continued creating my animation within Adobe Flash. Within this animation I am showing the history of animation, by showing three devices which helped develop 2D animation. These devices are, the Thaumatrope, The Zoetrope and The Kinetoscope. I have been away for the last two weeks, but I have still been able to continue creating my animation. I have made some changes to my animation which I will be discussing within the post. Below shows the process which I am currently at creating my animation.
  • Adding the soundtrack to the animation: I have added the soundtrack to my animation, I decided to create a narrative soundtrack. The reason for this is because the theme of my animation is 'music chart show' inspired countdown for animation history. Therefore I am using a narrator who will narrate the countdown as it would be heard on a radio show countdown.
  • Starting to create the animation as a final animation: I have continued creating my animation by using my detailed storyboard as a tight guideline. As this has all of the narration, effects, duration and timeline effects which I will be using within my animation. Therefore this storyboard has helped me in understanding clearly what I have planned to create and I can bring the idea from the storyboard to life in Adobe Flash.
Changes made to my animation
I have made some changes to my animation from my initial idea. I have come over some issues, one being that the effect which I wanted to create, being a number countdown cannot be created in Adobe Flash. Therefore I changed this within my animation and I have now made the animation strip move along continuously as though it is playing a film.
Another change which I have made to my animation to make it clearly appeal to the target audience. This change is to add more colour to my animation to appeal to the target audience. This colour will be added towards the end of the animation, as this shows the time passing within the history of animation and colour becoming noticeable throughout time.
I have also decided to animate some sketches which I will create within Adobe Flash. These drawings will be of the animation devices which I am discussing within the animation. I decided to add these animated images into my animation because I did not believe my initial animation with still images would appeal and catch the audiences attention. The video below shows my animation of the Thaumatrope animation which I have added to my 2D Animation.This shows how the Thaumatrope works as the two images merge when the device strings are twisted, created one continuous movement.
I will continue to create the rest of my animation in Adobe Flash by completing the last 2 device history within my animation.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment