Thursday 3 November 2011

Week 7: Responding to Feedback: Detailed Storyboard for Animation

I have gained feedback in relation to my skills audit and detailed storyboard. I will respond to this feedback and add these elements to my storyboard. I will also write a a justification of how and why I am using these elements within my animation. The different elements which I will be adding to my detailed storyboard include:
  • Typography: the typography used within my animation will reflect the time period of the history of animation (1800's). I have researched into existing and similar typography to the one I will use within my animation. The typeface which I am using will be easy to read, the reason for this is because some old fashioned typefaces can be hard to read.
  • The Soundtrack/ Narration: this determines the pace of the animation. As I will create the narration before I create the animation, as I can create the animation to the pace of the narration. The narration effects the pace and the contents within the animation. The narration which I am including within my animation is the radio broadcast style. I will create the narration from a script and then add the animation to the narration pace in Adobe Flash.
  • Engaging the target audience: the audience of 14-16 year olds needs to be engaged by the content within the animation. This relates to the content such as colours, characters, pace and soundtrack/ narration. I will consider these elements for my animation and add them into my storyboard.
  • Colours: the target audience are interested in bright and bold colours. These are colours which will catch their attention and engage them within the animation. These are colours such as blue, yellow and orange. My original animation idea did not include bright colours as such, as I was keeping to the vintage, old fashioned colour scheme. These colours were black, white and brown. I now understand that the brighter colours appeal to the target audience, therefore I will add coloured elements into my final animation. I can bring a modern animation feel to my animation with the bright colours, but still keep to the vintage animation style.
  • Pace: the pace of my animation is very important. It determines how the audience will respond to my animation. The average frames per second for an animation to appeal to the target audience of 14-16 year olds is 8-10 fps. My current fps in my animation is 12fps, therefore I will alter this to 10-12 fps. The faster the pace of the animation, the more interested the target audience will be within my animation. It needs to be to a pace which the audience will be focused in watching to understand the history of animation. This is another aspect which I will change to make it appeal to the target audience. I will also use real time within my animation. This will be used within my opening sequence as this allows the audience to understand what the animation they are viewing is about. The pace will then increase from this point, into a pace which will keep the target audience interested.
  • The concept of my animation is the main aspect which I believe appeals to the target audience of 14-16 year olds. The concept I have created is taking the music chart shown countdown as music is one of the main interests of the target audience. The audience will therefore be familiar with the concept and format of my animation.
  • Effects: I will be using frame by frame motion to create the 'jumpy' screen effect used throughout the animation. This will create the vintage, old cinema screen effect. I will also be using motion tweening to animate the drawings of the devices which I have created in Flash. I have included these within my previous storyboard and will add them to my detailed storyboard.
  • Transitions: I have added the slide transition effect to the animation. This transition will be from the countdown screen (shown below) to the screen containing the animation history. This effect is continued throughout the animation
I will add these different elements into my detailed storyboard, as these are the elements which I have decided on for my animation.
I have created the pages in different content within Photoshop. By creating these in Photoshop I have been able to take an existing image and edit it and add the vintage effect. This added the colour effect and 'scratch' effect which is continued throughout the animation.
Below shows an image from my animation, which I have started to create in Adobe Flash. This shows the layout of the main information, this shows the Thaumatrope. I have added frame by frame animation to create the jumpy, old cinema film effect. I have also re-drawn the Thaumatrope image in Flash and animated this image.
Thaumatrope Information in Animation
The image below shows my countdown image within the animation. The jumpy screen effect is continued and the slide transition is used.
Countdown Screen in my Animation

I will make adjustments to these images from my animation. This relates to the aspects which I explained above, such as the pace and colour. This will then appeal to the target audience clearly. I will add these to my storyboard and write the justification document explaining my decisions

No comments:

Post a Comment