Thursday 5 January 2012

Week 16: Web Authoring Workshop

In today's lesson I was introduced to the practical of creating a HTML webpage using codes and tags. The aim of today's session was to create a basic webpage using Notepad with the correct tags and codes for the different elements within the webpage. I also aimed to document the skills learnt to show the development of my own skills related to creating webpages. Another aim was to gain practical skills to apply within my own future web design work.

Through carrying out this task today I have learnt many new skills related to the creation of HTML webpages. HTML was the focus of this workshop, creating a webpage using the correct tags and codes for the different elements on the webpage. This definitely helped me in understanding how to carry out the task. I did carry out this task successfully. I had never been introduced to the creation of HTML webpages before and I now feel confident with the knowledge I have gained today from this workshop. The types of skills which I learnt include creating a simple HTML webpage using Notepad including text, hyperlinks, video, title, background colour and centralising the elements on the page. I created these using the correct tags and codes. One main point which I learnt was to always remember to close a tag once it has been opened in order for the page to display content correctly. I therefore also understand the importance of using the correct tags and codes and especially closing the different tags within the webpage.

I feel confident of the task I have completed today. I am happy and confident with the new skills I have learnt and understand how these skills will help me when creating my own website. I did complete the intended task for today and I created a simple webpage, a screenshot of this is shown below.
The webpage which I have created from today's lesson

The codes for the above webpage. This is how the webpage appears within Notepad
and once this is completed correctly using the tags, the webpage appears, it controls
the layout and content within the webpage (above).

This shows the title, background colour, video, hyperlinks to other websites and text. This task has also ensure me that the knowledge I gained from writing my investigation is correct. I will also be completing a Skills Audit style document showing the different skills I have used to create the webpage, this will be continuous throughout this assignment. I am able to experiment with Notepad and create other webpages and use other tags to expand my knowledge and skills within my own time. Therefore this task is a skill I can expand and continue with over the coming week. Overall, I am happy with the new skills I have learnt and feel confident about learning about Dreamweaver next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment